Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lamps

I have been waiting to make a lamp for, forever! for this project we had to make a functioning lamp, not just a lamp shade but the frame too. I choose to do a table lamp. First I had to build the frame from which I built out of wooden dowels. I sawed them into pieces of 5 1/2 by 8 1/2. After that I nailed them together. When the frame was done I built the base of the lamp from a softer wood. I measured the inside of the frame and cut out a piece that fit inside. I drilled a hole in the center that the cord could fit through, and then sawed it in half so that I could wrap the pieces around the cord. I then measured the top of the cord and cut a drilled a rounder piece to fit around that. that piece is what made the light bulb stay in place. after that I cut out the paper and glued it to the outside of the lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment