Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Metamorphosis

For this project, the idea was to create a metamorphosis in the making. I choose to do a seed blossoming into a rose. I really enjoyed this project because I got to work with clay! I never worked with it before so when I went to buy it, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I ended up buying an air dry clay, which at first I had difficulty with because it said on the box that it took a while to dry... but it didn't take long at all. Once I learned how to control the clay and the tools, I had a much better time. I started with the largest, and most bloomed rose, and then worked my way down. When I was finished I painted them, again starting with the largest and working down. I made the largest rose the darkest red, and as they shrunk I tried to make the reds lighter and add tints of orange because the seed is more orange. When I was finished I glued them to a long piece of wood i painted white.

No comments:

Post a Comment