Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Teracycle Project

For this assignment I had to make something out of recycled materials. I had plenty of different things to use, but I did have trouble with an idea. It had to be a container of some sort. Finally I ended up on a tote bag. they are so useful! I started off with the strap by braiding a sliver of tarp, and two slivers of yellow plastic. After that I measured out an even piece of tarp, and a matching piece of yellow plastic. I took potato chip bags and cut out circles of different sizes, from which I flipped over so you could see the shiny silver side. I glued them to the tarp and then drew flowers around them in black and red super fine sharpies. after that, I placed the yellow plastic over it and stapled along these even lines I drew on the sides. When I was finished I flipped it inside out and then stapled the strap on.

No comments:

Post a Comment